There are many visas available that allow studying at school, taking a course or other training.Enquire Now
There are many visas available that allow studying at school, taking a course or other training. Immigration New Zealand can provide details in depth for further assistance. A student visa is required if you plan to study in New Zealand for longer than 3 months. You will be able to work up to 20 hours a week during the school term and full-time during the holidays, depending on the conditions of your visa.
Most student, visitor and work visas can have a processing time of up to 8 weeks, but it can be even longer if more information is required from you. You can apply up to 8-9 months before your intended travel date.
As a reference, the documents that you may need to provide are briefly listed below:
- An offer of place from an approved education provider
- Evidence that you have sufficient money available to pay your tuition fees
- Your valid passport and approved passport style photo(s)
- Proof that you have at least $15,000 per year to cover your living expenses
- A copy of your air ticket home, or proof that you have sufficient funds to purchase one
- A guarantee of accommodation if you are below 18 years of age
- You visa application fee
- A medical certificate and chest x-ray, and a police certificate may also be asked to be provided
- Country Transfers
- For studies in NZ, student requires to show tuition fees and living expenses of 15,000 NZD.
- Acceptable funds are:
- Education Loan
- Savings or Fixed Deposits that are at least 6 months old.
- Funds acquired from personal loan / loan against property /gold loan to be maintained in the account for at least 6 months.
- PF/ GPF/ EPF is also acceptable.
- Funds should be verifiable by the High Commission.
- Bank Verification Emails
- Financial Matrix
- Covering Letter
- Sources of Funds
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Medicals (Chest X-Ray only)
- Statement of Purpose
- Interview Preparation
- Student needs a valid Police clearance certificate for visa filing which can be attained from http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/pccOnlineApp
- The above link is for registration of PCC and further, online payment can also be done for the same.
- Through this portal, student can take the prior appointment for PCC.
- PCC is valid for 6 months.
- In case the student was staying in some other country for last 1 year, he needs PCC from that country as well.
- For the medicals for NZ student visa, student needs to take prior appointment with the panel physician
- Panel physicians are available on the immigration website: http://onlineservices.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/skilledm igrant/LinkAdministration/ToolboxLinks/paneldoctors.htm?level=1&_g a=1.124354121.279732720.1476511046
- Medicals is valid for 3 months only.